Ways We Engage
Connect Federal Policymakers and Kennesaw State University Thought Leaders
- We provide opportunities for KSU experts and students to testify before congressional panels, brief members of Congress and staff on relevant topics, and participate in conference calls and discussion panels.
Support Federal Research Funding, Federal Appropriations, and Other Policy Issues
- Advocate for or against measures that impact KSU, including funding for federal research
and higher education policy and programs (ex. financial aid).
Monitor legislative and appropriations proposals that impact KSU students, faculty, and staff or research interest.
Coordinate letters of support for appropriations requests.
Foster Research Development
- Grow KSU’s research portfolio. We work with faculty to provide them with intelligence regarding federal funding opportunities and assist with letters of support for grant proposals.
Facilitate Congressional Testimony Prep
- Help KSU capitalize on these opportunities and provides support before, during, and after testimony appearances.
Facilitate Advocacy Prep: D.C. Visit Planning and Onsite Support
- Provide opportunities for interactions between the KSU community and policymakers – both in Washington, D.C., and on our campus.
If you know you will be interacting with elected officials, members or staff of the U.S. Executive Branch, U.S. Senate or Congress, the Georgia Governor’s office, state legislators, state boards, commissions, or committees, please contact us so we can help you make your interaction as productive as possible and ensure your interaction is in compliance with state and federal lobbying disclosure rules.